Oh Monday, I’m sorry to tell you, but you aren’t liked very much by a lot of people. Even if I work from home i still find myself saying “ugh its Monday tomorrow”
Why is it that we get so annoyed with Monday’s? Some people it’s because they have work. Some its just simply because its a new start of the week, and for me this is the case.
Here are some of my tips on how I try to stay positive on Monday’s:
- Planning my week- On Sundays I like to take out my planner and schedule my posts for the week and all my activities that I will be doing with my daughter. I find this gets me excited for the week to come since I am so visual and having it written down in my planner, Its happening.
- Read a motivating blog/post every Monday (or every morning if you really want) to start your day!
- Put on some music or an audio book to pump up your mood
- Posts something motivating for others! I find when I post things for people and it helps them with their day that makes me happy!
- Stay off your social media as much as possible on Mondays- Why? people are grouchy, people have work, people like to complain on Monday’s! Their mood can reflect on yours even if you try. Heck don’t even check your social media until noon! I started doing this, I won’t sit in my bed in the morning to look at my Facebook newsfeed because I have noticed a patterns of people complaining that it’s Monday. That isn’t what I want to see first thing in the morning and unfortunately I cannot control what people post and sometimes I wish I could LOL! All I do is simply post my motivating post and put my phone down until around noon! This gives me the time to get myself and my daughter ready for the day!
- Get ready in the morning! Are you a stay at home mom? Don’t work on Monday’s ? I urge you to still get ready for your day (doesn’t need to be a full face of makeup but some mascara, a little something) But get out of your pj’s, put something comfy on, poor yourself some tea/coffee and start your day! I find staying in the same clothes that i slept in, and if I don’t get ready I feel so unmotivated and like I’m ready for bed again!