Hellooo my amazing readers! For the past month I’ve been drinking Green tea throughout the day. And the other day I finally decided to look into the benefits of drinking green tea & well theirs quite a bit! I had no idea that Green was actually so amazing for your health!
If you would like to find out the health benefits of Green Tea. Just keep reading!..
The Benefits of drinking Green Tea
1. It tastes good (well i think so lol) You need to find a brand that fits you! I have tried multiple brands and they all taste different! So if you’ve tried a brand and you didn’t enjoy it, don’t be afraid to try a new brand as they can all taste different!
2. It contains Bioactive compounds that improves your health. It’s loaded with Polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which functions as a powerful antioxidants that helps improves and fight cell damage!
3. The compounds in Green tea can help improve brain function and apparently actually make you smarter (hmm good to know LOL) A Swiss study, MRI’s showed that patients who drank a lot of green tea had better activity in a working memory. The key ingredient in green tea is caffeine which is known as a stimulant. Green tea has also been shown to protect the formation of plaques that are linked to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
4. It shown to improve blood flow and lower your cholesterol. In 2013 researches did a study and it showed that green tea can help prevent a range of heart-related issues, such as high blood pressure to congestive heart failure.
5: Green Tea DOES NOT help you lose weight! Some evidence shows that it does some evidence shows it doesn’t. But it is a great swap for an energy drink or anything with sugar really! “All things being equal, if you sub 1-2 cups of green tea for one can of soda, over the next year you’d save over 50,000 calories,” Dr Ochner says. That’s more than 15 pounds. Just don’t swamp it with honey or sugar!
6. The antioxidants in green tea can lower your chance at various types of cancer. Green tea is known to help healthy cells, Theirs an early stage study that shows that green tea may help destroy cancer cells.. but it’s still being tested
7. It is apparently the healthiest beverage on the earth
8. It kills bacteria which improves dental health and lowers your risk at dental infections.
9: It’s a great relaxing ritual drink you can have. Sipping green tea helps you slow down and relax. A natural chemical called theanine found in green tea can provide a calming effect!
10. Green Tea CNA help you live longer. It’s a given that we all die eventually but because it helps decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it makes perfect sense how it could help you live longer!
But maybe for you the benefit of having a cup of Green tea is just relaxing and enjoying yourself. Tea break 101!
Here are some tips/hacks I found on making your cup of green tea!
- Don’t add green tea to boiling water. It’s bad for catechins, those healthy chemicals, in the tea. Better: 160-170 degree water.
- Add lemon. Vitamin C makes the catechins an easier to absorb. Dairy, on the other hand, makes it harder to absorb them.
- Nutrient levels in green tea can vary. Pricier teas usually have more, and canned green-tea drinks generally have less.
That being said, I’m forever drinking at least a cup of Green tea a day maybe 40 LOL. But seriously I had no idea that green tea had so many health benefits! The one I’ve been drinking is from Kirkland (From Costco) It’s not to sweet or to dull, It’s very affordable and it contains so many packets of tea! 100 bags!